It’s officially summer, which means summer storms are coming. It’s important to continually check on your gutters throughout the summer (and hurricane season!) to make sure they continue to work properly and don’t cause damage to your home or landscape. Gutters that don’t work properly can cause a wide range of problems, including leaks, mold, mildew and foundation damage.
So, how do you know whether your gutters need repair? Some signs are pretty obvious but others are more subtle. Keep reading to learn more!
Signs You Need Gutter Repair
There are several signs that indicate you need gutter repair. While some people may not even notice until their home has water damage or they are experiencing other problems, there are signs to be on the lookout for, including:
- Clogs in your gutters (buildup of leaves and other debris)
- Clogs in your downspouts
- Holes in your gutters (usually caused by falling branches)
- Rust on your gutters or downspouts
- Standing water in your gutters that isn’t draining
- Detached hangers
- And more
If you keep up with your regular gutter maintenance, you should be able to notice the more subtle signs, so you can schedule gutter repairs right away.
Common Gutter Repair Projects
If you do think there’s something wrong with your gutters, there are several things a gutter repair professional can do to remedy the issue, including:
- Re-hanging and re-nailing loose gutters
- Repairing loose or detached downspouts (or replacing them if necessary)
- Fixing gutter leaks
- Adjusting improperly pitched gutters (redirecting water to the downspouts)
- Repairing fascia boards and soffits
Be sure to consult an expert before attempting gutter repair yourself!
Need Help with Gutter Repairs? Call IBP Houston!
If you suspect your gutters are clogged or damaged, we can help! IBP Houston offers gutter repair in addition to gutter guard installations and complete gutter replacements. When you need help with your gutters, contact IBP Houston!